Animal Assisted Happiness
Copyright © 2009-2020 by Animal Assisted Happiness. All rights reserved.
Why are you excited about being a Youth Ambassador?*
AAH collects personal information for use within AAH and related activities. The information is used to effectively communicate directly with you and to better match your interest, capabilities and services with AAH's needs which will likely add to a better personal experience. We do not share your information outside of authorized AAH staff and resources.
YOUTH AMBASSADOR PROGRAM SIGN UP
Acknowledgement of eligibility and commitment
Which school to do you attend?*
Areas of Interest*
(you can select more than 1)
How do you envision sharing your AAH experiences with others?*
Animal Assisted Happiness believes in youth helping youth and has established a Youth Ambassador (YA) Program for youth entering 7th grade grade or older. The mission of this program is to engage our youth in soliciting ideas; designing programs; and getting their perspective. We provide education for our youth about children with health and family challenges as well as opportunities for them to develop leadership skills, encourage animal-human relationships, and to participate in giving back at a young age as a foundation for lifelong philanthropy. We know that the activities our youth participate in today will plant seeds for all they can do tomorrow.
- Animals - Work with AAH's farm staff to develop our animals into even better Barnyard Buddies (especially great for aspiring veterinarians!).
- Education and Programming - Plan activities for Open Hours, volunteer engagement, and more AAH visits with AAH's administrative staff.
- Smile Farm and Garden - Help to design the AAH Smile Farm into an attractive, welcoming space for visitors, volunteers, and animals alike.
- Fundraising - Plan and carry out fundraising events/activities for the Youth Ambassadors and with AAH's development staff.
- Social Media - Spread awareness of AAH through various social and media outlets.
- Youth with Needs - Engage with AAH's clients to learn about the challenges they face and the impact AAH has on them (great for aspiring social workers / teachers!).
Why become a YA?
- Learn from experts and become more comfortable with animals
- Learn about youth with health and family challenges and how to make them smile
- Become a leader in your community and gain skills in public speaking
- Practice the art of story-telling and narrative creation
- Be a role model to AAH’s youth volunteers
- Help Animal Assisted Happiness grow, creating more smiles for years to come
- Recognition on website and newsletters
- Special AAH Youth Ambassador t-shirt
All Youth Ambassadors are required to be active in at least one (1) committee and volunteer with AAH a minimum of thirty (30) hours per year. Monthly YA meetings occur on the second Sunday of the each month, from 12-1pm at the AAH Smile Farm, and additional time commitment is determined per committee activities.
**Youth Ambassadors are role models for all of AAH's volunteers. As a YA, you are expected to fully commit to the program. If you are not able to meet the commitments you will not be able to participate in the program.
How to join
AAH’s Youth Ambassadors are positive-minded self-starters who are interested in taking their volunteering with AAH to the next level. We’d love for you to join us! If you've completed 10+ hours of volunteering with AAH prior to joining YA, with at least 2 of those hours being Mobile Barnyard Visits, complete and submit the form below. All fields are required.